School Supplies – We are collecting school supplies for the month of August to be packed up on the ELCA National Day of Service for distribution to local families. Please bring your contributions in and put them on the windowsills of the sanctuary. We will be collecting through Labor Day weekend. The items requested are:
Backpacks (no wheels), Plastic Folders w/pockets & Fasteners, Glue Sticks, Ticonderoga #2 Pencils, Pencil Boxes, Pink Erasers, Red Ink Pens, Crayons (24 count), Washable Markers, Black Expo Markers, Multicolor Expo Markers, Whiteboard Erasers, Colored Pencils, Highlighters, Child-sized Scissors, Watercolor Set w/ brush, Index Cards (3×5), Index Cards (4×6), 3-Ring Binder w/pockets, Spiral Notebooks (3-Subject), Composition Books, Ear Buds, Calculator, Antibacterial Wipes, and Tissues.
Backpack Blessings Sunday will be August 26 at 10 AM worship. All kids should bring their backpacks to worship. We will have some special gifts for school kids and parents. The theme is “Blessed are YOU!”
God’s Work, Our Hands – ELCA National Day of Service is September 9, 2018. There are sign-up sheets posted in the church narthex for the various service activities available starting at 2:30 PM on that Sunday. The activities are:
- Rise-Against Hunger – Packaging 30,000 meals with volunteers from at least 15 other congregations.
- Health Care Kits for Uganda – Everything needed to assemble the kits will be provided, you just help pack the items into kits.
- School Supplies for local children – Participants will sort supplies and make a plan for delivering them.
- Cookies for First Responders – Participants will package cookies and make a plan for delivery. Donations of home-made cookies are welcome!
- Creation Care activity at Lake Nockamixon – Participants will meet at St. Andrew’s and carpool to Lake Nockamixon for planting and/or park clean-up.
- Handmade Prayer Cards for local Code Blue Shelters.
- Handmade Bookmarks for local elementary school teachers.
- Knotting quilts for Lutheran World Relief – no experience is needed, participants will be shown what to do. This activity is at Little Zion Lutheran Church, 267 Morwood Road in Telford.
September 9 will be a very special day for service, worship, and fellowship! This is also the day we change back to our regular worship schedule.
9:00 AM Christian Ed
10:30 AM Informal Worship
11:30 AM Church Picnic – hamburgers, hotdogs, and all the fixings!
We will leave for the service activities after the picnic. All activities begin at 2:30 PM in the sanctuary of St. Andrew’s in Perkasie, or for the quilt-tying, Little Zion in Telford.
Hurricane Maria/Puerto Rican Families Resettlement Update: As additional families are expected to be resettled soon, the Upper Bucks Conference of Lutheran Churches is still collecting items for bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and other miscellaneous items needed to establish a home. They are also continuing to collect gift cards. The next delivery date will be scheduled for the week of August 20, so please have any contributions to church by Sunday, August 19. Thank you so much for your generosity!