APOLOGIES to those who did not get the word about the cancellation of Sunday School and worship last Sunday, December 1. The weather really played tricks with us!
REMINDER: If there is any doubt about the possible cancellation of church activities, please check the following:
1. Website, Facebook, Email – Our Secretary, Ann Wong, will send an email and post on our website (www.durhamlutheran.org) and Facebook page if activities are canceled. To ensure that you are on the email list, send an email to the Church Office ([email protected]) asking to subscribe. (This time not everyone received the email because Ann was on vacation and didn’t have access to the most recent, updated list.)
2. Cable TV – Council Member Serena Ashmore will post on WFMZ Channel 69 – our church name will be posted along with cancellation information.
December 8, the Second Sunday of Advent, is a big day! Activities include:
- Worship at 10:30 – Holy Communion and lighting of Advent Candles
- 11:30 AM – Annual Congregational Budget Meeting to consider the proposed 2020 Budget immediately after worship. We need you there!!!
- Noon – Festive Christmas Covered Dish Dinner, downstairs right after the Budget Meeting. Sponsored by WELCA. Bring a covered dish to share!