- WOMEN – Don’t miss it this week!!! Special WELCA program on Friday, May 9 at 1:30 PM in the church Fellowship Hall. Mary Crouse shares about her recent Mission Trip to Costa Rica and the Beans and Rice Ministry. Good food and fellowship will follow.
- Spark kids!!! This coming Sunday, May 11 – A Spark Bible Jeopardy game, along with music, prizes, and snack.
- Mother’s Day, May 11 – 10:30 AM – Holly Communion, with special music and message Sermon Theme: “Good Shepherds Bring People to Life”
Read the following Bible passage, and reflect on these questions in preparation for worship:
1) Who have been the life-giving and life-sustaining shepherds in your life? (mothers, fathers, teachers, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ?)
2) When have some of these human shepherds misled you?
3) Do you trust Jesus as the Good Shepherd to bring you to life?
John 10:1-10 Jesus the Good Shepherd
10‘Very truly, I tell you, anyone who does not enter the sheepfold by the gate but climbs in by another way is a thief and a bandit. 2The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5They will not follow a stranger, but they will run from him because they do not know the voice of strangers.’ 6Jesus used this figure of speech with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.
7 So again Jesus said to them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- FLASH! Plans are underway for “Weird Animals,” a summer Vacation Bible School experience for kids ages 3-11.
WHEN: Sunday, July 20 – Thursday, July 24, 6:30-8:30 PM each night
WHAT: Sing and play Stampede, Untamed Games, KidVid Cinema, cool crafts, Critter Café, and more.
Put the dates on your calendar now! And if you can help with this program, contact Pastor Deal at 610-346-8314.
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW!!! Palisades Area CROP Walk for Hunger – October 19th, 2014 — Registration Opens @ 12:00pm — 10K (~6 mile) Walk begins at 12:30pm on the Beautiful Delaware Towpath – Trauger’s Farm is along the walking path for a break! Pot Luck BBQ at end of walk at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Riegelsville.